A Little Bit of Dyeing

Decided to add to my charity wool for socks, since it seems I have more time for some more socks – this is what I kettle-dyed yesterday – the heat made it easy to get the wool to dry quickly:

The turquoise came out very well, a nice solid color.  The darker brown was not completely even – I’m calling it a heather, in spite of a ton of dye in the pot, so maybe I needed to let it stay in the pot for some longer.   The lighter brown was a last-minute decision, since there was some dye left in the pot. I just threw in the unsoaked wool, then added a bit of brown later on.

When I add those colors to what I’ve dyed before, I realized that I copied the colors of my placemat – how funny!