I’m back in the saddle knitting for Afghans for Afghans – the current campaign is perfect for summer knitting – hats, mittens, and socks! So, I began by using up bits of yarn I had dyed for a bunch of socks a couple of summers ago for some mittens:
And then put in a giganto (for me) order of wool (Cascade 22o and Cascade Eco) from WEBS, taking advantage of their annual sale – Cascade was a bargain compared to the upcoming prices. Now I’m having fun with color. These socks are based on a stitch pattern in Sensational Socks:
Since I’m using worsted weight, doing stranded knitting for the foot seemed like it would probably be not very fun to wear, so I just did some color blocking. And it turns out that in the size I made, I used almost exactly the same amounts of each color. If the scale can be believed, I can get two pairs of socks out of two skeins of 220. Not bad!
The slog-knit continues in sloggy fashion. The back is done, I have just a bit to go on the fronts, and then I can knit the shoulders together and block to see if the size is anywhere near right – I’m a bit concerned that it will be too big. Maybe that’s why it’s not done – I fear the answer.