I got home on Friday. I confess, when I saw Mt Tam from the East Bay, I got a bit misty-eyed – it’s been five weeks, but it has also been a lifetime of highs and lows.
Yesterday, I took a photo of my balcony to remind myself what a beautiful place I live in.
- it’s where my stuff is – like kitchen, food, clothes, yarn stash
- it’s also where my kitties are – you provide lots of entertainment – maybe I don’t really need cable TV
- I wake up, and everything I need is right here
- my bed – it’s not perfect, but I sleep very well here
- my community – just outside the door
- friends who leave you food after a long journey away – they are the best!
- friends who will help me figure out the next steps of my life and my mom’s – they are the best too!
- Reviving a gift knitting project – Poplar and Elm – the lighter color of the Eden 3-ply yarn will be much better for the recipient: