Clearing Out UFO’s

Last night I had the urge to complete some UFOs to clear the decks.  I finished up the reversible vest, which is now blocking with the small fan to hurry things along:

Also in the completed pile were a couple of  pairs of children’s socks for Afghans for Afghans:

afa socks 3b

so the total count for the spring campaign is 1719 pairs of socks.  Wow, that’s been a lot of socks.  Fortunately, I’ve learned some new techniques along the way to make things more interesting!

In the charity category, also completed was a helmet liner for Socks for Soldiers, which will go with a pair of socks.  Unfortunately, I need to complete another one with the leftover yarn, so there’s another one on the needles tonight.

sfs helmet liner 1

The hope is that getting these other things out of the way will allow time for:

  • assembling a mitered-square blanket for Afghans for Afghans in honor of Kay Gardiner’s husband.
  • finishing the Slinky Ribs sweater
  • playing with yarn – not sure what, but I want to work on combining yarns together in unexpected ways
Download PDF